I could start off by saying “Why Not?”, but I won’t. I’ll rather spend some time telling you about ourselves and about the benefits that we can bring to your business.
The Local Yokel Project is a registered Non-Profit Organisation. Our aim is to educate consumers and local businesses on the need to support each other.
We promote your organisation by encouraging consumers to buy products and services from you. Our reasoning is simple, support those people with a vested interest in the local community.
The more money that stays within our region, the more job creation, the more entrepreneurship, the more local expertise, the more investment, the improved sustainability due to less carbon footprint, etc…
The objective is for consumers to be more aware of how they invest their money and where it ends up… Keep it here and make a difference to our local economy and make East London a better place for all!
This is a very exciting initiative to encourage consumers to consider where the money spent in our region, ends up. We all need to make a conscious effort to keep MORE of OUR Rands in OUR own town! This will create more employment, more sense of community, more investment, more local expertise and less carbon footprint! The positives are endless and it makes so much sense!
As a business, you can join the Local Yokel Project to grow your business through the support of YOUR community.
Who can join?
You may only join this project if your organisation is owned and operated from East London (& the Border Kei Region). Offering products and services that directly benefit the LOCAL economy of our YOKELS!
What are the benefits for members?
The Local Yokel Project promotes your organisation by encouraging consumers to buy products and services from members. The Project serves as a platform to the public, providing the local community with the knowledge of WHERE they can support other home-grown initiatives and RECYCLE their RANDS directly back into the local economy!
Members are given a welcome shout-out on our social channels as well as regular posts. They are also allowed to use our Proudly Local Yokel Brand.
Some of the DIRECT benefits of membership are;
- Listing on Local Yokel Project web page (Local Business Directory),
- Listing on LYP Facebook page,
- Invitation to various arranged events (entrance fee may be applicable),
- Discounted PPP Photo Shoot by Shanbright Photography,
- Free Facebook cover page created using images from PPP Photoshoot,
- Access to LYP branding,
- Entry into the #LekkerLocal of the Day exposure on the LYP Facebook page,
- Free sharing of your business on various East London focused Facebook groups,
- Free inclusion to our various Educational Drives e.g.: #MAD4Local and #LocalLarry,
- Automatically receive benefit from our various activities that promote local business support,
- Introductions and collaboration opportunities with other listed locals
We host interaction events to allow meet and greets of fellow members and run an online directory of LOCAL YOKELS!